Grand Uncle Peter Farrelly
- Alternativ titel
- Grand Uncle Peter Farrelly
- This is about my Husband's Grand Uncle Peter Farrelly, who went off to join the British Army & died on 28/3/1916. This sad news came shortly after the family had received a letter from him & this letter had been thrown in the fire & thankfully rescued. The letter was written on St. Patrick's Day 17th March 1916, almost 96 years ago, a time when it was not (& it still isn't) popular for Irishmen to join the British Army. The Easter Rising took place in Dublin 1 month later. I will copy an edited version, I dont know where the original is.
- Carmel O'Callaghan
- Person 1
- Peter Farrelly
- Sammenfattende beskrivelse af genstande
- Peter Farrelly, from Relaghan, Shercock, Co. Cavan Ireland. Died France 28/3/1916
- Beretningen begynder ...
- 1916 marts 17 – 1916 marts 28
- Minde og Livet i skyttegravene
- Angiv hvor din historie foregik
- CC-BY-SA 3.0
shared this story about