Arthur Dagger and his Bugle
- Titel in englischer Sprache
- Arthur Dagger and his Bugle
- This story is about a bugle. The bugle belonged to the Clifton family and was donated to the 29th Lancashire Rifle Volunteers in 1860. Prior to 1897 William Dagger who was a member of the regiment came into possession of the bugle. In 1911 Richard Arthur Dagger who had volunteered for the same regiment was given the same bugle. He kept the bugle until he returned from a camp in Cumbria in 1914 on the outbreak of war when he had to surrender the bugle in exchange for a rifle and bayonet.
In 1954 whilst attending a dinner at Squires Gate Camp the same bugle was discussed and a Colonel from the Army Cadet Force Camp came to see Arthur Dagger with the bugle which he then kept for some years until returning it to Fulwood barracks in Preston.
- Alan Dagger
- Person 1
- Arthur Dagger
- Zusammenfassende Beschreibung der Objekte
- Collection of photographs and articles about the bugle
- 1897 – 1954
- Länge & Breite
- Legen Sie fest, an welchem Ort die Ereignisse stattgefunden haben.
- CC-BY-SA 3.0
hat diese Geschichte geteilt: