The Diary of Louis Henry Sayer
- Alternative title
- A Canadian soldier's diary
- This story is about my great, great Uncle ‘Lou’ who, in April 1914, decided to travel to Canada to pursue a career. This was however cut short as he was conscripted into the Canadian army and found himself on the battlefields of the Somme during WW1.
He fought, was wounded, got well and went back to the front, during which time he kept a brief diary.
I have taken the time to transpose his script into print (in italics), to allow easier reading and have punctuated his notes with pictures and explanations.
- Person 1
- Louis Sayer
- Summary description of items
- The diary pages, details about Louis Sayer, some filling information - please note that anything pertaining to Louis himself is fine, but some of the additional pictures I don't have copyright for. [Editor's note: Images with uncertain copyright status have been removed from the document and replaced with a note]
I have had the pages printed in book form but not published.
- The story begins ...
- 1916 May – 1919 January
- Western Front
- Locate where your story took place
- Northern France
- Location zoom
- CC-BY-SA 3.0