My uncle's army history: Michael Joseph Monaghan
- Алтернативни наслов
- My uncle's army history: Michael Joseph Monaghan
- With reference to the information enclosed I would add the following: My uncle, Michael Joseph Monaghan joined the Connaught Rangers and became an officer. He spent time in White Russia and survived the 1st World War and then joined the Passionist order taking the name of Kenneth. After his experience in the first World War, as explained in the attached document (from the Passionists-Irish Paris) he remained the rest of his life as a chaplain in the British Forces, also serving the the 2nd World War. He died in 1969 in St. Non's Retreat, Pembrokeshire, South Wales. Before he died he was a chaplian in the local Air force base in Braudy, Wales. Myself and my first cousin Kenneth Monaghan from Duncliffe, Sligo, were at his military funeral in 1969.
- John Clancy
- Особа 1
- Michael Joseph (aka Fr. Kenneth) Monaghan
- Резиме описа јединице
- 1. Original army photo of Michael Joseph Monaghan
2.Scan of postcard sent to my mother from Fr. Kenneth Monaghan
3. Transcript of postacard contents
4.Scan of front of postcard (Drumcliffe, Co. Sligo)
5.Photo of Fr. Kenneth as chaplain
6.Copy of document from Passionists, Irish Paris
7. copies of 1901 and 1911 census for Monaghan household, Drumcliffe, Co. Sligo
8. Copy of Fr. Kenneths death cert.
- Прича почиње...
- 1901 – 1969 Мај 17
- Кључне речи
- Лоцирајте где се одиграва ваша прича
- Ireland, England, Russia, France
- CC-BY-SA 3.0